Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy May Day Baskets

This is a super easy, fast and cheap way to create fun May Day baskets for your friends and neighbors!
Start with a plastic or paper cup.  I had some left over from a party in the fall.  Cut a length of ribbon or raffia or even wire to use for a handle.  I used a thick Grosgrain ribbon for mine.

 Next, take an ice pick or a brad setter and punch a small hole in the sides of your cup.  Mine cracked a little, but it works fine.  I then cut a tiny slit in the ribbon as well and placed a metal brad through the ribbon and cup.
You can find these brass brads in boxes at places like Walmart, office supply stores or craft stores.

I then placed a paper doily in the middle for a decorative touch.

I copied a black design onto blue paper and cut it out with a circle template.  I think I will punch a hole and attach it to the cup or handle once filled!  Great way to use left over paper or plastic cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment